Thursday, October 31, 2013

Review: Three of Diamonds by Wendy Ferraro


Three of Diamonds
Lola Nash’s life edges on safe and controlled, containing few people; her brother, Boyd, a handful of friends and the facility for special needs children where she volunteers, called Aaron’s Place. However, a chance meeting shatters her control when she learns someone else’s closely held secret. The kind of secret causing her explicit and sexy dreams, all centering around Wes Thompson; known as Adonis in the ultra-exclusive world of the sex club, Olympus. Wes is intrigued by the voluptuous beauty who won’t give him the time of day. Like the God he emulates, he has never been the type to give in when he wants something or someone; Lola is exactly what he wants. Is Lola the one that can bring a God to his knees or will Wes conquer her, and then walk away as planned? Is the chance at love worth the cost of giving up everything you hold important? When the cards are down, will Wes and Lola call or fold?

Review
When I started reading The Hamden Series and was being introduced to the characters, Wes Thompson stood out the me. In fact, I REALLY wanted to skip ahead to his book but I was a good girl and didn't. So, when it was time to read Three of Diamonds, I was REALLY excited. Wes is best friends Dylan and Seth and has watched both of them get married and have kids in the last year, with no want to do either of those things. He is an architect that works with their construction company. His tastes are a little different than theirs, in fact, even though they have been friend for decades, they don't even know the lengths of his desires. I am a history buff, Gods and Goddesses especially peaking my interests. So, reading a little about Adonis and the mountain of Olympus (even when in relation to a sex club) really kept my interest. Believe it or not, I believe it takes a very strong woman to be with a man who has such specific desires-Enter Lola. Lola is a very strong and self sufficient person. She has to be with the hand she has been dealt. She has a lot of sadness in her life but you would never know that with her happy go lucky attitude. She takes shit from no one, and I very much respect her for that. She and her brother Boyd, are very close.

Im not gonna give away what happens when Lola and Wes meet but I will say that you should be ready as Wendy is not one to spare on the details and this book is no different. In my opinion, Dylan and Seth are sexy in their respective ways, but Wendy goes above and beyond to prove why Wes is the Adonis that he claims to be!!

I gave this book 5 plus stars and am a little saddened that I am coming to a close with this series, I have been with the folks of Hamden all month and I will miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stephie with her release of Unexpected Arrivals! Unexpected Arrivals is a standalone, contemporary romance.

Cover Design: Wicked by Design Release Date: November 20, 2017 Synopsis It had to be a joke. Any minute now, a van would drive up...